Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A random thought....

TV watching

Sometimes I really hate the TV. I hate that I depend on it for entertainment purposes. Like right now. I am bored out of my mind but I really don't want to turn it on and have ANOTHER night of doing nothing except watching TV. Ugh, that's so lame.

I've been thinking lately that I must not be that fun of a person. Because if I WAS a fun person, I would have thought of better, "more fun", things to do than sit in front of the TV watching 'Kourtney and Khloe take on Miami' or whatever that stupid show is called. But if I'm not watching some stupid reality show on TV, then I'm doing this....staring at a computer screen and browsing the internet! And truthfully this gets old too!!

My evenings lately have consisted of coming home from work, cooking dinner with Derek, and then either, A) watching TV or B) sitting on the couch with this laptop browsing the internet and having the TV on in the background. Well....I lie. I guess that's not all true. We'll usually come home,
go on a bike ride or a walk, then cook, then do either A or B mentioned above.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm getting bored with watching the same 'ol boring things on TV and I'm also getting bored of browsing all my usual websites....ugh......

I need something different to do!! I want to play chess or scrabble! I want to listen to music and have a fun conversation with someone about totally random topics - such as, how did all the various types of plants out there come into existence, or, why is it that all the middle children in a family are usually the first ones to have kids? I want to go to a comedy show and laugh my ass off! I also think it would be fun to grab a bottle of wine, drive to the top of Lookout Mtn and watch the sunset :)

But yet, I don't do any of these things!!! Why?? Because I'm lazy!!! Like right now....do I really feel like playing chess or watching the sunset? No, not really. I'm pretty content here just wishing I felt like doing those things..... Wow. That's messed up.

I wish I could be content though with just browsing the internet during the 2 hours I have to spare before I go to bed, or just watching TV. Why do I wish I was content with doing those things? Because it's easy. It would be convenient. And it's cheap. But I'm kind of over it (for right now anyway). Derek however, LOVES to spend his free time browsing the internet. Before he met me, I'm pretty sure that's all he did each night after work. But that's okay because that is one of his passions. I'm also pretty sure that browsing the internet is NOT one of my passions, therefore I find it odd that I do it so much during the evenings! But what ARE my passions you may ask? I really don't know! I obviously need to find some so I can have some fulfillment from 8pm to 10pm each night.

And I'm going to leave it at that. These are the thoughts I will ponder while....what else, I sit back, watch TV and check my facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment