Monday, February 2, 2009

For Peer Pressure and Mouthwash

Almost every night Derek and I rinse our mouths with Scope mouthwash. I never used to use it, but now that I live with him and he's a user, I feel the roommate pressure to partake. I can't let him be the only one in the house with sparkly fresh breath can I?!? It's almost a competition of sorts....except he doesn't know that he's in one - I hate when I do that....! I seriously wouldn't normally use mouthwash unless I knew I had really bad stinky breath and was trying to get rid of it. But because HE uses it all the time, now I have to use it all the time. And I have the same horrible reaction every time I use it! My eyes start to water, my mouth starts to get tired of rinsing and then I end up spitting it out with such disgust and hatred that I vow I won't do it again for another week. By the time I'm finished spitting it all out of my mouth, I look like I've just been crying for an hour! The red watery eyes, the sad pathetic look on my face....ugh...

Derek just laughs at me. Then he'll proceed to ask me why I do it if I hate it so much. And this will be the thought I'll think of every night before I go to bed... how sad is that? Who wants to go to bed thinking about mouthwash and peer pressure?!?

2 comments:

  1. Just for the record. Its Listerine, not scope. Listerine has alcohol in it which is why it burns so much. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the bathroom!

    What else do we do daily that is a competition??

    Love you!
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete