This past weekend I attended a Bachelorette party in San Francisco and Napa Valley for Derek's sister, Courtney. Never having been to California before, I was very excited to go!!! We started off in San Francisco for one night and left the next day for Napa. Even though I was only in San Fran for that short period of time, I think I could live there someday - ha! No, not really, but it did seem like an "Amy" kind of city. Laid back yet sophisticated, charming yet rugged, cute yet sexy...wait, am I describing Derek again?!
Napa Valley was an experience as well. Good food, good WINE and good company!! I didn't think it would be possible to get tired of drinking fine wine, but by the end of day two I was literally pooped! No pun intended.... ;) My highlights from Napa would be the blending seminar we attended at Franciscan winery and the private dining experience we had at Bayleaf restaurant.Who knew that blending wine was such an art?! I definitely have more of an appreciation for the "blends" now.... If I ever made one professionally I think I would call it "Amy's Merlot Franc"... only because I love Merlot and when the word "franc" is added to the end, I think it just gives it a special touch, no? ha!

To the left is our visit to Bayleaf restaurant. Ladies in black! Yowzers!!! The owner of the restaurant actually came out to meet us after our dinner and then introduced us to the chef. The chef then proceeded to give us all his business card with his hand written personal phone number -ha! Foreign men....such flirts! But really, who can resist such fine ladies?!
A great California trip all in all! Next time, I'm taking my man with me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment