Saturday, January 17, 2009

Men and their cars....


I was out having dinner at Cheeky Monk the other night with my boyfriend and some of his work collegues. The conversation was fun and lively until the topic of vehicles came up. There was a young gentlemen there (under 40) who was talking about purchasing a porsche. Are you kidding me?!? A Porsche??? At his age?! That's fine if you are over 40 and buy one.... society accepts this. It's almost expected for middle-aged men to have a cutesy sportscar. But when you are in your 30's, male and drive a porsche, I'm sorry, but it just screams out "I need attention!", "Look how cool I am!", and "Yeah, that's right, I'm better than all the rest of you". No? Am I wrong here? I don't want to come across sounding jealous because I certainly am not! I just think porsche drivers should be limited to older distinguished gentlemen. Men who have lived a fair portion of their life and put their time in the office for a minimum of 20 years.

If and/or when I ever see this guy cruising the streets of Denver in his brand new porsche, I'm going to roll my eyes, sigh, and call him a materialistic tool ;)

Hey, don't be mad at me, these are just my "random thoughts".

1 comment:

  1. Myself, I prefer Doloreans. Stainless steel, Miami Vice soundtrack, etc.

    ReplyDelete