I finally saw the movie 'Mama Mia!' last night with some girlfriends. While the story line was so-so, the fact that it was a musical gave it a thumbs down in my opinion. While I can appreciate the artistic nature of musicals, they kind of just make me cringe at the same time. Who breaks out in song in the real world?!? Who??? It's so unrealistic! And super cheesy! And annoying! Ugh..I was actually excited to see this movie though because I really like Pierce Brosnan. He's quite pretty to watch on-screen :) However, he appeared to be physically pained choking out lyrics of the Abba songs....he actually became less and less attractive to me as the movie went on. Gentlemen, let this be a lesson learned - if you are naturally good-looking, don't ruin it by singing and dancing to the beats of Abba...
I think I'm going to break out in song tomorrow at work! I loved your movie review!
ReplyDeleteI saw the play...er musical thingy...wait...no I didn't.
ReplyDelete