A couple weekends ago I had the opportunity to go to this cute little store in Park Meadows mall with some girlfriends. It's called "Bath Junkie" and apparently is nationwide, although this was the first I'd ever heard and/or seen it. This store is described as a "drop-in spa" and is very hands on. The set-up is basically this: You pick out "scents" (200 to choose from in fact) which range from traditionals such as vanilla, lilac, juniper and rose to weird scents such as dirt, chai latte, snowstorm and fizzy soda. Then you mix the scents in different types of lotion to make beauty products such as an exfoliating salt scrub, body lotion, massage oil, body mist and hand wash. There is also a mens line of products that you can "make", as well as items for pets! AND...you get to pick the color that you want the product to be - so fun!!We had a great time in the store and came out with some awesome home-made products! For a mere $30 I left the store with the following 3 products...1) a pretty turquoise-colored salt scrub that smells like rain :) 2) a nice pink-colored body lotion that smells like bubble gum (although I was attempting a "fruit smoothie" smell of grapefruit and papaya) and finally, 3) a light brown-colored "snowboarder" smell body massage oil :)
The salt scrub is AMAZING and leaves your skin sooo soft! The lotion is GREAT for people such as myself with really dry cracked hands.... and as for the massage oil....well, I haven't used that one yet but I'm sure it's going to be just fine ;)
I would highly recommend this store for both men and women to enjoy! To read and learn more about it, check out the following link:
http://www.bathjunkie.com/story.html
You need to take me there someday. Nothing re-charges my batteries like a hot bath...bubbles...adult beverage! Ahhhhhhhhh
ReplyDelete