Monday, April 27, 2009

Good 'ol Grand Rapids


Another new city for Amy and another new wedding for Derek to be in! That's right, this time we hit Derek's hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan for his childhood friend's wedding on 4/11/09. And what a lucky day weather-wise for the lovely couple! Clear blue skies and temps in the 50's...it was great! Which, according to Derek, is very rare for Michigan in April.

We flew from Denver to Chicago, stayed a night with some friends there, and then drove the next morning to Grand Rapids. It was so nice to be back in the Midwest!!! I love all the trees and the greenery :) I sometimes forget how beautiful it is back there.

I must admit, I wasn't overly excited about going to this wedding simply for the fact that Derek was in it, and I didn't know a single other soul that was going to be there...however, the night after the rehearsal dinner, we all went out to a bar (Malarky's) and all of Derek's high school friends came out to meet us. They were so nice and so easy to talk and sooo much fun! We had a blast!! There was karaoke, arm wrestling (I won!), old stories to hear and share and lots of laughs :)
While the boys were doing the rehearsal before the wedding, the girls went to the Botanical Garden which is where the actual wedding was taking place. It was very pretty and there were tons of butterflies...
The wedding itself went off without and hitch and good times were had by all! I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Michigan and would definitely go back to visit again:) Next time, however, hopefully my boyfriend won't have food poisoning on the plane ride back to Denver....which is a whole other story in and of itself, that I'm sure he'd appreciate if I didn't share....ewwwww!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard the story of the flight home...definitely best not to share :)

    ReplyDelete