Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kentucky Derby!! (minus Kentucky...)

Last weekend, and after the great Friday night engagement(!), Derek and I attended a KY Derby party hosted by our friends, The Hornings. Everyone in attendance was in appropriate attire and we all had a ton of fun! The hosts had the KY Derby theme going throughout their house complete with a betting station where you could pick the winning or losing horse, as well as as a 'mint julep' station where I discovered that Amy and mint julep's do not go well together...

They also ordered a ham from Kentucky (I guess KY ham is better than CO ham?!), and served these great tasting KY chocolate balls, which apparently are made with rum :)

Derek broke out his best linen suit, complete with a pink shirt and purple/pink tie. I dug through my closet and found an old dress that I hadn't worn in probably 7-8 years (which is proof to Derek why sometimes it is good to keep old clothes around even though you never wear them)!

They look like the rat pack, no?

Everyone had the same idea with the white hats :) I super-glued a flower onto mine :) Our lovely hostess and host, Lindsay & Jesse

My future sister-in-law, Courtney and my future husband!!

The big event!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment