Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Mountain Wedding Weekend!!

What a fun weekend Derek and I had up in Beaver Creek, CO on May 16, 2009 for Courtney and Daren's wedding!! It started off on Tuesday 5/12/09 with Derek's friend, Sean flying in from London to stay with us. This was my 2nd time meeting Sean and he was just as much fun as the first time when we met in London! We of course had to visit our favorite local bar, PS Lounge for some drinks :)
On Thursday, another friend of Derek's, Brady, flew in from Florida. This was my first time meeting him, although I felt like I already knew the guy from all the stories I had heard from Courtney and Derek. And he definitely lived up to the stories! The four of us then road-tripped up to Beaver Creek Thursday night for the Schouten family pre-wedding weekend BBQ! There I met a few new faces of Derek's aunts, uncles and a cousin. It was fun mingling and meeting Derek's family and family friends. Of course, the famous shot-ski came out and I think everyone who was in the wedding party partook - most more than once! Ha! A fun Thursday night all in all :)

Friday was a spa day for the ladies in the wedding party (plus me!), and a golf day for the gents. The spa was soooo nice and relaxing and I got a lovely manicure to boot! That night was the rehearsal dinner followed by an open bar at a local establishment. More great food and good times had by all!
Saturday was the big wedding day :) Courtney looked amazing in her dress and Daren looked just as dapper. The ceremony itself went off without a hitch, followed by an elegant cocktail hour and reception. I don't think I left the dance floor for more than 5 min at a time and we stayed up waaayyy too late, but oh well....weddings are a great excuse to cut loose and have some fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment