Monday, March 16, 2009

A trip to Iowa

I drove back to Des Moines, IA last week to attend my grandmother's funeral. While it is always sad to attend funerals, I was kind of happy for my grandma. She was almost 91 years old and led a good long life! Plus, she was finally able to be with her husband who passed away many many years before her. It was good to see aunts, uncles, cousins and 2nd cousins that I haven't seen in years! I felt a little guilty that it had been so long since I'd seen them, but it's my own fault I suppose for choosing to live so far away.
The funeral gave me the opportunity to meet and hang out with Aiden & Addison, my new nephew and neice who are now 2 weeks old! I must be honest, I felt a little uncomfortable holding such newborn babies. They are soooo tiny!!! And all they seem to do is just sleep all day...what a life! Sleep, eat, poop, cry....repeat. That appears to be what their lives consist of for the moment. I'm jealous! What do I remember most about meeting the twins you might wonder? Well, my brother "let" me feed Aiden a bottle. I say "let" because I did not volunteer, rather I was forced. It was cute and peaceful, until it was time for burp #2...at which time the little nugget threw up all over me!!!! I didn't know a baby that small could projectile vomit like he did! I was soaked....and it was disgusting :( That will teach my siblings to "let" me feed their newborns - ha!















I also, of course, got to hang out with all my other nieces and nephews and had a lot of fun. We went to Jaden's 2nd grade concert, played basketball with Ty and Alex, read books with Kaylie and pushed Gabby around in a tricycle. The whole trip went by very fast and I can't wait to see them all again this summer!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable pics Amy! The little nuggets can do a lot of disgusting things - only it is not disgusting when their your own!

    ReplyDelete