Derek and I had a GREAT time down in Arizona for Ian and Jill's wedding on March 28, 2009. We flew into Phoenix and stayed with Derek's parents, and then we all drove down to Tucson (2 hours maybe?) for the big day. It was Derek's first time being in a wedding and he did great!!! But really, how can one mess that up?! The weather was superb as well :)
After Tucson, we came back to Phoenix and stayed for a few more relaxing days. Thank you Pam and Tom for the AWESOME hospitality!!! During the days we would go hiking, bike riding, golfing and also did a lot of sun soaking :) At nights we were treated to some very nice dinners, both at their house and out in Scottsdale, and also sat in their backyard enjoying the outside fire pit and surround-sound jazz music :)
This was my first trip to Arizona and there are definitely some things I noticed about Phoenix that I haven't seen in other places......therefore, I made a list!
The Top 5 things that I will always remember Phoenix by:
1) The numerous photo radar detectors for speeders...they are everywhere!!!
2) The beautiful cacti!
3) How "new" the city feels...it is very nice!
4) The numerous airplanes in the sky at any given moment.
5) Lots of lizards!
You can't beat the clear blue skies and warm temps that Phoenix has to offer! However, I still like my Denver better :) :) :)
Check out the link for complete pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/tderek/ArizonaTuscon#
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Amy!! Cute pics! The sun looks so inviting! You went to AZ at a great time but I would agree Denver is better.
ReplyDelete:)
Amy - it's me Charlotte. I didn't realize Hailey's email was open and that I was posting a comment with her google.
ReplyDelete